It’s that time! The Dubai World Cup Carnival opens on January 9, and while you can never get cracking on the form too soon, the celebration to ring in 2014 is the perfect time to launch our fifth annual Dubai Racing Comprehensive.
Among the items included in this year’s edition:
- Reviewing the 2013 DWCC – how the favorites performed, the connections to monitor, and notable statistical trends among top trainers.
- Finding the winner – taking-down a handicap with the help of data, determination, and the thrill of figuring out a great racing puzzle.
- Team South Africa – led by Mike de Kock, how 2014 will differ from previous years, including a look at the many quality horses in his yard for the new season.
- Interpreting trips – North American players might get frustrated with a lack of in-running positions, but the trip comments make finding pace and running styles easier.
- 8 to watch in 2014 – a selection of expected runners to keep an eye-on for the Carnival.
- The full stakes schedule, Carnival calendar, weight conversions, initial accepted runners, and more.
The Carnival is a cavalcade of racing – 61 Thoroughbred races over ten nights, followed by the richest day of racing on the planet, the Dubai World Cup. We don’t profess to have all the answers or the ultimate key to success, but the Dubai Racing Comprehensive should provide a meaningful approach to a fantastic exhibition for the sport.